Teeth Whitening Independence Residents Smile About
There's just so much to smile about when you live in Independence, Kentucky—the friendly people, the beautiful landscape, our urban conveniences in a rural setting. But if you’re embarrassed by your smile because of teeth that are stained and discolored, then you may be reluctant to share your smile with fellow Kentuckians. Fortunately, we can help. At Independence Family Dentistry, we offer teeth whitening, so you’ll have a smile that makes you proud and happy to show in Northern Kentucky and everywhere else!
Why Isn’t My Smile White Anymore?
Well, no one is entirely to blame for a smile that is less than perfectly white. Even with daily brushing and flossing, the inevitable aging process takes a toll on the color of your teeth. Over the years, our teeth absorb a number of stubborn stains and endure other assaults that affect their whiteness. These include:
- The deeply colored foods and beverages we commonly consume, such as strawberries, tomatoes, chocolate cake, soy sauce, colas, tea, red wine and that morning cup of coffee
- Smoking and chewing tobacco both contain nicotine, which seeps into your teeth and leave deep stains
- Certain medications, such as the antibiotic tetracycline and some cancer treatment drugs, can leave stains
- A traumatic injury to a tooth can cause discoloration
- Teeth grinding, also called bruxism, can darken the biting and chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Cracks in your teeth can hide microscopic particles of food and other debris that cause staining
- The genetically programmed color of your teeth, which may lean more toward yellow, gray or brown, becomes more pronounced as you age
Teeth Whitening Process
To restore the whiteness of your smile, Dr. Nakhla and his team rely on Kör Whitening. This system combines the convenience of at-home teeth whitening with the effectiveness of in-office whitening. With Kör Whitening, you’ll come to our office to be fitted for customized mouth trays. These trays are designed to keep out saliva, which can interfere with the effectiveness of the Kör bleaching gel, and to hold the gel close against your teeth.
Once your trays are fabricated, you’ll return to Independence Family Dentistry to receive them and the proprietary Kör bleaching gel, which is continuously refrigerated from the time of manufacture in order to preserve the potency of the whitening gel. You’ll simply fill the trays with gel and wear them according to Dr. Nakhla’s instructions.
After you’ve completed the at-home portion of your whitening treatment, you’ll return to our office for one power bleaching session. With Kör’s combined at-home and in-office treatments, we can eliminate almost any stain or discoloration. And your white smile is virtually guaranteed.
To learn more about teeth whitening with Kör, or to address any of your other cosmetic dentistry needs, request your appointment today!